Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A technology-based learning environment gives students the ability to do classwork beyond class. Teachers can also be more involved with their students and be able to help them outside of school. This learning environment is very useful and nothing like the past. I remember having to turn in assignments by hand in high school. Now, we’re able to submit online assignments. Before, if we needed help with something we would have to either figure it out or wait for the next class. Using technology based learning; students can look up online tutors on wiki, or a class website. I agree that technology based learning makes learning more fun, especially for students who are interested.

A technology-based learning tool is a learning tool that teachers have the option to use. Using this tool, teachers are able to individualize their instruction for students in need of it, and do less whole group instruction. I found this tool helpful because it meets the students’ needs individually. Not every student learns the same and the technology based learning tool helps them learn in a way that helps them. I also found it helpful because it gives students the tools that they need to better understand their work.  For those of us who are virtual learners, technology based teaching tool would be a lot of help. For example, I like to go online and work on my math more instead of listening to the professor because I understand more of what I see as to of what I hear. I’m given the opportunity to learn the content and feel confident about it.

Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) is when teachers combine three forms of knowledge together to make learning more exciting and interesting for students. The book calls it ‘teaching 21st century skills with 21st century technology tools’. I think that this I a good invention because not only are teachers using one way to teach, but their combining and using all three. It’s helpful to the students because they still have those different needs. It’s about meeting those needs and when using TPACK teachers are able to do so.


I feel that the three technologies I chose are helpful to students and teachers. Not only does it make teaching and learning easier, but I think it makes students want to learn and go to school even more. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you related the three concepts to your personal life and thought about how it might impact students in the classroom - that is a great start to the reflection process. It is interesting to think about how technology can address various learning styles and individual student needs. One wonders how we were able to teach in the past...or perhaps more accurately, how students were able to learn. :) TPACK is also a great foundation for beginning to think about the need for easily incorporating technology as part of the lesson planning - it really should be pretty 'no brainer' rather than a separate entity, but the transition is difficult for some.

    Now that you better know how to incorporate visual enhancements to your blog posts, I look forward to seeing your relevant images, videos and hyperlinks as part of your digital writing. Great first blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete